In this day of time many women marry multiple times until they come upon that right mate that has all of the character that they wish and long for. Women compare and contrast each mate that they have encountered. Longing for the right one to cast them away in the sunset. Finding that one that will satisfy her sexually, mentally, and financially is a must with every other women.
Whatever happened to the women loving the man for himself and what they can offer without being interviewed a thousand and one questions..
- Comparing money wise
- How good are they in bed
- Career
- Material items. ex: what type of car do he drive
I agree, Wife of Bath's idea of love and sexuality is definitely modern. I like your example of women comparing and contrasting all of the men they've been with, because it is true. I couldn't imagine being married 5 times, and most women are shamed for it, but what makes Wife of Bath unique is that she does it for herself, and she simply doesn't care. She had some guts for her time frame for sure!
ReplyDelete